Friday 28 January 2011

1success-1notso

The King's Speech


On Sunday me and my family decided to go to the cinema to see 'The King's Speech' as it has been all over the news about the nominations its been up for.
It lived up to expectations and was a very interesting interpretation of the Kings struggles with his stutter. It was extremely witty.. this is my favourite form of comedy (probuably because I am the least witty person you will ever meet!!!)
I recommed this to someone who wants an easy watch, a budding historian or someone who wants some light hearted humour. I think it definitely deserves 4/5 stars.


127 Hours


This week I also went to see 127 Hours, a film also based on a true story.
I didn't find this anywhere near as interesting, this film would of made a better documentary. It involves a man who is climbing in parts of the Gran Canion he slips down into a cave and traps his arm under a rock. After days and days of trying to get the rock off, paranoia and hallucination he eventually cuts his arm off and gets rescued.
Overall the film was better than anticiapted, but I still only give it 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment